(Redirected from Developer documentation)
- 1 How can I contribute
- 2 Release planning
- 3 Source code
- 4 Debugging / Testing
- 5 Bug reporting
- 6 Security
- 7 Presentations
- 8 VFS
- 9 Clustered Samba
- 10 Building Samba
- 11 Building packages
- 12 Google Summer of Code
- 13 Historical Documentation on the Development of Samba4
- 14 Academic Writings etc.
How can I contribute
Two web interfaces are:
Samba codebase organization
Broadly speaking, the Samba source-code tree can be organized into the following major groups:
- Top-level libraries, which contains common code shared amongst the Samba processes.
- Source3, which is code primarily used by the file server and domain member.
- Source4, which is code primarily used by the Active Directory Domain Controller.
- Infrastructure components, which provide the build and test framework for Samba.
- Autogenerated code, which is used for parsing DCE/RPC packets as well as other regularly structured buffers.
The Samba codebase is broken down in detail in the Samba codebase organization page.
Debugging / Testing
- Writing a Samba VFS
- The new version of Writing a Samba VFS (for Samba 3.6 and earlier)
- Writing a Samba VFS Module (for Samba 4.0 and above)
- Building Samba 4 (Which build system to use and why)
Google Summer of Code
Historical Documentation on the Development of Samba4
- Franky: A Hybrid Samba Active Directory Controller (outdated!)