Release Planning for Samba 4.8
Samba 4.8 has been marked discontinued.
- Tuesday, May 14 2019 - Samba 4.8.12 has been released as a Security Release to address the following defect:
- CVE-2018-16860 (Samba AD DC S4U2Self/S4U2Proxy unkeyed checksum)
- Monday, Apr 08 2019 - Samba 4.8.11 has been released as a Security Release to address the following defects:
- Thursday, April 4 2019 - Samba 4.8.10 has been released. Please note that this will very likely be the last bugfix release of the Samba 4.8 release series. There will be security releases beyond this point only.
- Thursday, February 7 2019 - Samba 4.8.9 has been released.
- Thursday, December 13 2018 - Samba 4.8.8 has been released.
- Tuesday, November 27 2018 - Samba 4.8.7 has been released as a Security Release.
- Tuesday, October 9 2018 - Samba 4.8.6 has been released.
- Friday, August 24 2018 - Samba 4.8.5 has been released.
- Tuesday, August 14 2018 - Samba 4.8.4 has been released as a Security Release to address the following defects:
- CVE-2018-10858 (Insufficient input validation on client directory listing in libsmbclient.)
- CVE-2018-10918 (Denial of Service Attack on AD DC DRSUAPI server.)
- CVE-2018-10919 (Confidential attribute disclosure from the AD LDAP server.)
- CVE-2018-1139 (Weak authentication protocol allowed.)
- CVE-2018-1140 (Denial of Service Attack on DNS and LDAP server.)
- Tuesday, June 26 2018 - Samba 4.8.3 has been released.
- Wednesday, May 16 2018 - Samba 4.8.2 has been released.
- Thursday, April 26 2018 - Samba 4.8.1 has been released.
- Tuesday, March 13 2018 - Samba 4.8.0 has been released.
- Thursday, March 01 2018 - Samba 4.8.0rc4 has been released.
- Monday, February 12 2018 - Samba 4.8.0rc3 has been released.
- Thursday, January 25 2018 - Samba 4.8.0rc2 has been released.
- Monday, January 16 2018 - Samba 4.8.0rc1 has been released.