Release Planning for Samba 4.18
Samba 4.18 is the current stable release series.
Release blocking bugs
- Wednesday, May 31 2023 - Planned release date for Samba 4.18.3.
- Wednesday, April 19 2023 - Samba 4.18.2 has been released.
Release Notes Samba 4.18.2
- Wednesday, March 29 2023 - Samba 4.18.1 has been released as a Security Release to address the following defects:
- CVE-2023-0225 (An incomplete access check on dnsHostName allows authenticated but otherwise unprivileged users to delete this attribute from any object in the directory.)
- CVE-2023-0922 (The Samba AD DC administration tool, when operating against a remote LDAP server, will by default send new or reset passwords over a signed-only connection.)
- CVE-2023-0614 (The fix in 4.6.16, 4.7.9, 4.8.4 and 4.9.7 for CVE-2018-10919 Confidential attribute disclosure via LDAP filters was insufficient and an attacker may be able to obtain confidential BitLocker recovery keys from a Samba AD DC. Installations with such secrets in their Samba AD should assume they have been obtained and need replacing.)
Release Notes Samba 4.18.1
- Wednesday, March 8 2023 - Samba 4.18.0 has been released.
Release Notes Samba 4.18.0
- Wednesday, March 1 2023 - Samba 4.18.0rc4 has been released.
Release Notes Samba 4.18.0rc4
- Wednesday, February 15 2023 - Samba 4.18.0rc3 has been released.
Release Notes Samba 4.18.0rc3
- Wednesday, February 1 2023 - Samba 4.18.0rc2 has been released.
Release Notes Samba 4.18.0rc2
- Wednesday, January 18 2023 - Samba 4.18.0rc1 has been released.
Release Notes Samba 4.18.0rc1