Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer
Samba 4 Uninstallation and other improvements
I've completed also some work to fix up the uninstallation in SAMBA 4. So it should be possible to remove cleanly binaries, headers, libraries etc..
I haven't provided a repository for this, so I link to the bug: here
- Makefile: Fix up variable names and targets, add new uninstallation commands instead of the scripts
- Conclusion: The installation scripts under "source/script" are needed as before, but the uninstallation ones aren't anymore.
Samba 4 Registry
Over the summer 2008 I've improved and fixed up the registry backend of SAMBA 4. Here a short overview of what I did:
- Major fixes in the RPC client (tries to be compatible with the Windows Registry client libs)
- Improvements and fixups in the patchfile library
- Some enhancements in "regshell"
- Fixup's in two torture tests related to the registry
- Compatibility with Windows Registry Editor (regedit) - in my case Windows 2000 - and SAMBA 4 Registry client library
- Support empty values of REG_SZ (string) type (LDB backend)
- Introduce REG_BINARY type variables (LDB backend)
- Introduce the default attribute (LDB backend)
- Maybe left to do: torture tests