Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer
Samba 4 Uninstallation
I've completed also some work to fix up the uninstallation in SAMBA 4. So it should be possible to remove cleanly binaries, headers, libraries etc..
I haven't provided a repository for this, so I link to the patch: here
- Makefile: Fix up variable names and remove most of the installation/uninstallation targets
- templates.mk: Add here most of the installation/uninstallation targets and handle the uninstallation completely there.
- Conclusion: The installation scripts under "source/script" are needed as before, but the uninstallation ones aren't anymore.
- Unused targets like "swat2" are removed.
Annotation: This patch (installlib.sh) is needed to fix up the library installation. It should be applied before the first one.
Over the summer 2008 I've improved and fixed up the registry backend of SAMBA 4. Here a short overview of what I did:
- Major fixes in the RPC client (tries to be compatible with the Windows Registry client libs)
- Improvements and fixups in the patchfile library
- Some enhancements in "regshell"
- Fixup's in two torture tests related to the registry
- Compatibility with Windows Registry Editor (regedit) - in my case Windows 2000 - and SAMBA 4 Registry client library
- Support empty values of REG_SZ (string) type (LDB backend)
- Introduce REG_BINARY type variables (LDB backend)
- Introduce the default attribute (LDB backend)
- Maybe left to do: torture tests