Samba codebase organization overview
Revision as of 21:58, 12 June 2020 by Abartlet (new page for the summary of the codebase organisation)
Broadly speaking, the Samba source-code tree can be organized into the following major groups:
- Top-level libraries, which contains common code shared amongst the Samba processes.
- Source3, which is code primarily used by the file server and domain member.
- Source4, which is code primarily used by the Active Directory Domain Controller.
- Infrastructure components, which provide the build and test framework for Samba.
- Autogenerated code, which is used for parsing DCE/RPC packets as well as other regularly structured buffers.
The Samba codebase is broken down in detail in the Samba codebase organization page.