Samba4/HOWTO/Setup a Single Sign-On Website
This Howto aims to show a clean way to setup a website that provides:
- SSL encryption (HTTPS) by using a self-signed certificate
- single sign-on from within your Samba4 domain
- optional login from outside (user/password prompt)
- full Kerberos 5 authentication security
The type of setup shown here is very minimal. It is intended to get you a basic idea of how the process works.
You may provide a secured intranet website for your clients, hosting private content on a per-user basis.
It´s also possible to develop a web based application for domain management, using Kerberos/LDAP and Samba´s Python API. More information on this topic may be provided in another document.
- Samba4 setup as domain controller
- a working DNS configuration
- a working Kerberos configuration
It`s recommended to follow the setup process described at Samba4/HOWTO.