Samba3 Release Planning
The regular Samba3 release cycle intends a new major release every six month (around July 1 and December 15). Each major release turns into maintenance mode when the next major release is out. Maintenance mode means that only severe bugs and security issues will be fixed.
After six month maintenance mode, the series will be discontinued.
If 3.4 is the current release series, 3.3 is in maintenance mode and the maintenance of 3.2 has been stopped (approximately) with the release date of 3.4.0.
As this strategy is quite new, we are currently still providing security releases for 3.2
Each series can have any number of desired minor release. These will be scheduled on demand.
- Release Planning for Samba 3.0 - deprecated
- Release Planning for Samba 3.2 - security fixes only
- Release Planning for Samba 3.3 - maintenance mode
- Release Planning for Samba 3.4 - current series
- Release Planning for Samba 3.5 - upcoming series