OpenChange currently only builds against Samba 4. It would be nice if it could also be built against Samba 3 since that is more readily available.
In order to be able to do this, the following things have to happen:
- Samba4-compatible DCE/RPC API in Samba 3 (done, except for Debug code - Jelmer is working on this)
- Export DCE/RPC code in Samba3 as library.
- ncacn_ip_tcp (Volker is working on this)
- Export samba-hostconfig library from Samba 3 (including loadparm_context and credentials)
- Requires reconciling param/ between Samba 3 and Samba4 (Michael and Jelmer are looking into this)
- ncacn_http (would be nice, not a requirement)