Release Planning for Samba 3.4
Samba 3.4 is in the security fixes only mode, which means there will be only security releases for this series.
Samba 3.4 turned into security fixes only mode
Moving forward, any 3.4.x releases will be on a as needed basis for security issues only.
- Monday, April 30 - Samba 3.4.17 Security Release has been released in order to address CVE-2012-2111 (Incorrect permission checks when granting/removing privileges can compromise file server security).
[http://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-3.4.17.html Release Notes Samba 3.4.17
- Tuesday, April 10 - Samba 3.4.16 Security Release has been released in order to address CVE-2012-1182 ("root" credential remote code execution).
- Tuesday, August 23 - Samba 3.4.15 has been released.
Please note that this will be the last bugfix release of Samba 3.4 series!
- Thursday, April 21 - Samba 3.4.13 has been released
- Monday, February 28 - Samba 3.4.12 has been released to address CVE-2011-0719.
- Sunday, January 23 - Samba 3.4.11 has been released to fix connections to port-139 only servers (broken in Samba 3.4.10, please see bug #7881 for details)
- Saturday, January 22 - Samba 3.4.10 has been released
- Tuesday, September 14 - Samba 3.4.9 has been released to address CVE-2010-3069.
- Tuesday, May 11 - Samba 3.4.8 has been released
- Monday, March 8 - Samba 3.4.7 has been released to address CVE-2010-0728.
- Wednesday, February 24 - Samba 3.4.6 has been released
- Tuesday, January 19 - Samba 3.4.5 has been released
- Thursday, January 7 - Samba 3.4.4 has been released
- Thursday, October 29 - Samba 3.4.3 has been released
- Thursday, October 1 - Samba 3.4.2 has been issued as Security Release to address CVE-2009-2906,
- Wednesday, September 9 - Samba 3.4.1 has been released
- Tuesday, June 2 - Samba 3.4.0pre2 has been released
- Thursday, April 30 - Samba 3.4.0pre1 has been released
- Friday, June 19 - Samba 3.4.0rc1 has been released
- Friday, July 3 - Samba 3.4.0 has been released