Release Planning for Samba 3.4
Samba 3.4 is in the maintenance mode, which means there will be bug fix and security releases for this series.
- Release Notes for Samba 3.4.13
- April 21, 2011
This is the latest stable release of Samba 3.4.
Major enhancements in Samba 3.4.13 include:
- Fix Winbind crash caused by null pointer reference (bug #8086).
- Fix incorrect timeout handling in ncacn_ip_tcp client code (bug #8085).
- Thursday, April 21 - Samba 3.4.13 has been released
- Release Notes for Samba 3.4.12
- February 28, 2011
This is a security release in order to address CVE-2011-0719.
- All current released versions of Samba are vulnerable to a denial of service caused by memory corruption. Range checks on file descriptors being used in the FD_SET macro were not present allowing stack corruption. This can cause the Samba code to crash or to loop attempting to select on a bad file descriptor set.
- Monday, February 28 - Samba 3.4.12 has been released to address CVE-2011-0719.
- Release Notes for Samba 3.4.11
- January 23 2011
This is the latest stable release of Samba 3.4. It addresses the issue introduced with Samba 3.4.10:
- Fix connecting to port-139 only servers (bug 7881).
- Sunday, January 23 - Samba 3.4.11 has been released to fix connections to port-139 only servers (broken in Samba 3.4.10, please see bug #7881 for details)
- Saturday, January 22 - Samba 3.4.10 has been released
- Tuesday, September 14 - Samba 3.4.9 has been released to address CVE-2010-3069.
- Tuesday, May 11 - Samba 3.4.8 has been released
- Monday, March 8 - Samba 3.4.7 has been released to address CVE-2010-0728.
- Wednesday, February 24 - Samba 3.4.6 has been released
- Tuesday, January 19 - Samba 3.4.5 has been released
- Thursday, January 7 - Samba 3.4.4 has been released
- Thursday, October 29 - Samba 3.4.3 has been released
- Thursday, October 1 - Samba 3.4.2 has been issued as Security Release to address CVE-2009-2906,
- Wednesday, September 9 - Samba 3.4.1 has been released
- Tuesday, June 2 - Samba 3.4.0pre2 has been released
- Thursday, April 30 - Samba 3.4.0pre1 has been released
- Friday, June 19 - Samba 3.4.0rc1 has been released
- Friday, July 3 - Samba 3.4.0 has been released