Release Planning for Samba 3.2
Samba 3.2 turned into maintainance mode
With the release of Samba 3.3.0 on January 27 2008, the clock has been started to End-Of-Life the Samba 3.2 series on July 1, 2009 (planned release date of Samba 3.4.0). Moving forward, any 3.2.x releases will be on a as needed basis for critical bug fixes or security issues only.
- Tuesday, February 03 - Samba 3.2.8 has been released
- Monday, January 05 - Samba 3.2.7 Security Release has been released to address CVE-2009-0022 ("Potential access to "/" in setups with registry shares enabled")
- Wednesday, December 10 - Samba 3.2.6 has been released.
- Thursday, November 27 - Samba 3.2.5 Security Release has been released to address CVE-2008-4314 ("Potential leak of arbitrary memory contents").
- Thursday, September 18 - Samba 3.2.4 has been released
- Wednesday, August 27 - Samba 3.2.3 Security Release has been released to address CVE-2008-3789 ("Wrong permissions of group_mapping.ldb")
- Tuesday, August 19 - Planned release date for 3.2.2 (bug fix release)
(Updated 20-July-2008) The following time based release schedule is currently in play for Samba 3.2.1:
- Tuesday, August 5 - 3.2.1 has been released.
(Updated 02-July-2008) The following time based release schedule is currently in play for Samba 3.2.0:
- Friday, February 29 - Feature freeze for Samba 3.2.0pre2 in the v3-2-stable git branch.
- Tuesday, March 4 - Samba 3.2.0pre2 has been released.
- Friday, March 28 - Planned release date for 3.2.0pre3: postponed due to some critical bugs.
- Friday, April 18 - Planned release date for 3.2.0.: postponed
- Tuesday, April 22 - Feature freeze for Samba 3.2.0pre3 in the v3-2-stable git branch.
- Friday, April 25 - Samba 3.2.0pre3 has been released.
- Friday, May 23 - Samba 3.2.0rc1 has been released.
- Tuesday, June 10 - Samba 3.2.0rc2 has been released.
- Tuesday, July 1 - 3.2.0 final has been released.