Release Planning for Samba 3.2
Samba 3.2 discontinued
(Updated 01-March-2010) With the release of Samba 3.5.0, Samba 3.2 has been marked discontinued.
Samba 3.2 turned into security fixes only mode
Moving forward, any 3.2.x releases will be on a as needed basis for security issues only.
- Thursday, October 1 - Samba 3.2.15 has been issued as Security Release to address CVE-2009-2906,
- Wednesday, August 12 - Samba 3.2.14 has been released
Please note that this is the last bug fix release of the 3.2 series!
- Tuesday, June 23 2009: Samba 3.2.13 Security Release has been released to address
- Tuesday, June 16 - Samba 3.2.12 has been released
- Wednesday, April 1 - Samba 3.2.10 has been released due to update problems in Samba 3.2.9 (see BUG 6195 and the release notes for more details).
- Tuesday, March 31 - Samba 3.2.9 has been released
- Tuesday, February 03 - Samba 3.2.8 has been released
- Monday, January 05 - Samba 3.2.7 Security Release has been released to address CVE-2009-0022 ("Potential access to "/" in setups with registry shares enabled")
- Wednesday, December 10 - Samba 3.2.6 has been released.
- Thursday, November 27 - Samba 3.2.5 Security Release has been released to address CVE-2008-4314 ("Potential leak of arbitrary memory contents").
- Thursday, September 18 - Samba 3.2.4 has been released
- Wednesday, August 27 - Samba 3.2.3 Security Release has been released to address CVE-2008-3789 ("Wrong permissions of group_mapping.ldb")
- Tuesday, August 19 - Planned release date for 3.2.2 (bugfix release)
- Tuesday, August 5 - 3.2.1 has been released.
(Updated 02-July-2008) The following time based release schedule is currently in play for Samba 3.2.0:
- Friday, February 29 - Feature freeze for Samba 3.2.0pre2 in the v3-2-stable git branch.
- Tuesday, March 4 - Samba 3.2.0pre2 has been released.
- Friday, March 28 - Planned release date for 3.2.0pre3: postponed due to some critical bugs.
- Friday, April 18 - Planned release date for 3.2.0.: postponed
- Tuesday, April 22 - Feature freeze for Samba 3.2.0pre3 in the v3-2-stable git branch.
- Friday, April 25 - Samba 3.2.0pre3 has been released.
- Friday, May 23 - Samba 3.2.0rc1 has been released.
- Tuesday, June 10 - Samba 3.2.0rc2 has been released.
- Tuesday, July 1 - 3.2.0 final has been released.