Opening Windows to a Wider World
Samba is an Open Source / Free Software suite that has, since 1992, provided file and print services to all manner of SMB/CIFS clients, including the numerous versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems. Samba is freely available under the GNU General Public License.
The Samba project is a member of the Software Freedom Conservancy.
Samba Wiki for Developers
Internal design docs, API descriptions, TODOs, etc. for developers.
Summer of Code 2008
Samba is once again participating in Google's Summer of Code. You can find out more on the SoC page.
- Samba3 Roadmap
- Release Planning for Samba 3.0
- Release Planning for Samba 3.2
- Release Planning for Samba 3.3
- Clustered Samba
- Using Git for Samba Development
- libndr integration status
- UNIX Extensions
- Bugzilla Day
Samba Clustering (CTDB) Project
Samba Wiki for Users
Please participate in the wiki experience to promote an alternative reference for things that aren't required or universally necessary to be in the official samba documentation.
- Event Logging
- Samba as a print server
- Multiple Server Instances
- Shadow Copies with Snapshots
- Replicated Failover Domain Controller and file server using LDAP
- Feature Specific HOWTOs
- Logon scripting
- Samba & Windows Profiles
- Samba and Windows Policies
- Software deployment on Samba
- Mounting samba shares from a unix client
- Capture Packets
- Bug Reporting
- Exchange Server Alternatives
- Samba & LDAP
- Samba & Kerberos
- Samba & Active Directory
- Samba & Clustering