Difference between revisions of "LinuxCIFS utils"
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
== Contact ==
== Contact ==
Questions, suggestions, concerns, and patches should be sent to the linux-cifs mailing list. Security issues should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid immediate public disclosure.
Questions, suggestions, concerns, and patches should be sent to the linux-cifsmailing list. Security issues should be sent to email@example.com avoid immediate public disclosure.
Revision as of 02:10, 9 January 2011
The in-kernel CIFS filesystem is generally the preferred method for mounting SMB/CIFS shares on Linux. More information on Linux CIFS is available at the Linux CIFS VFS site.
Although not really part of Samba proper, these tools were originally part of the Samba package. For several reasons, shipping these tools as part of Samba was problematic and it was deemed better to split them off into their own package. That package is called cifs-utils.
- October 19, 2010: Release 4.7
- July 30, 2010: Release 4.6
- May 21, 2010: Release 4.5
- April 28, 2010: Release 4.4
- April 9, 2010: Release 4.3
- April 2, 2010: Release 4.2
- March 23, 2010: Release 4.1
- March 3, 2010: Release 4.0 -- first official cifs-utils release
- February 26, 2010: Release 4.0rc1
- February 14, 2010: The git repo has moved to a new location. See the Development section below
- February 9, 2010: Release 4.0-alpha1. In order to smooth the transition from shipping these tools as part of samba, the first release will be 4.0.
A historical set of cifs-utils releases is available in the releases directory.
The source code for cifs-utils is managed via git. An example checkout from the main git repo:
$ git clone git://git.samba.org/cifs-utils.git
gitweb access is also available here.