Getting and Building CTDB
Getting CTDB Source code
If you download source code for Samba >= 4.2.0 then CTDB is included in the
- Your operating system may include pre-built packages for Samba and CTDB
- If you use pre-built packages then you need to ensure that Samba was built with cluster support
- You can get information about smbd's clustering features:
# smbd -b | grep -i 'ctdb\|cluster' CLUSTER_SUPPORT CTDB_SOCKET Cluster support features: CLUSTER_SUPPORT CTDB_SOCKET: /var/run/ctdb/ctdbd.socket CTDB_PROTOCOL: 1
- Note that output may vary slightly, but the
CLUSTER_SUPPORTfeature must be present.
- CTDB will usually be in a separate package to other Samba components called
Building from source code
CTDB should be built with Samba. Add the following options to the
- This enables clustering support in Samba and includes CTDB in the build
- Clustered Samba needs an IDMAP facility so it is worth building a few
Other than that, just follow instructions for building Samba.
Legacy CTDB versions
You should use a version of CTDB that comes with a supported Samba version.
However, legacy, standalone versions of CTDB are still available (including 2.x). These versions were used with Samba versions older than 4.2.0.