Account Management Tools
IDEALX Management Console
Samba Console is the first console developped for IMC. It offers a simple and ergonomic interface for managing a Samba domain controler. The goal is to give a better experience to the new Linux administrators that need to manage a production Samba server from anywhere using a simple web browser.
LAM - LDAP Account Management Tool
(from their release of 3/1/2006) LDAP Account Manager (LAM) 1.0.0 - March 1st, 2006
A web frontend for managing accounts stored in an LDAP directory.
This release introduces a new architecture which supports more account types than just users, groups and hosts. There are also two new translations: Traditional Chinese and Dutch
- management of Unix user and group accounts (posixAccount/posixGroup)
- management of Samba 2.x/3 user and host accounts
- management of Kolab 2 accounts (kolabInetorgPerson)
- profiles for account creation
- account creation via file upload
- automatic creation/deletion of home directories
- setting quotas
- PDF output for all accounts
- editor for organizational units (OU)
- schema browser
- tree view
- multiple configuration files
- multi-language support (Catalan, Chinese, Dutch, English, French,
German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Spanish)
- support for LDAP+SSL
This software is available under the GNU General Public License V2.0.
You can get the newest version at http://lam.sf.net. It may take some time until you can download the files from all mirrors.
File formats: DEB, RPM, tar.gz
There is also a FreeBSD port.
Debian users may also use the packages in Debian unstable.
You can try our demo installation online.
If you find a bug please file a bug report. For questions or implementing new features please use the forum and feature request tracker at our Sourceforge homepage http://www.sf.net/projects/lam.
Authors & Copyright:
Copyright (C) 2003 - 2006: Michael Duergner <email@example.com> Roland Gruber <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tilo Lutz <email@example.com>
LAM is published under the GNU General Public License. The comlete list of licenses can be found in the copyright file.
(I personally use this myself - the LDAP Users and Groups Module)
Manage users and groups stored in an LDAP database, used for Unix, Samba and Cyrus IMAP authentication
AVA SBS is an easy to use installer for SAMBA, Open-Xchange and other freely available open source tools, to create a easy to use MS SBS replacement. Included is AVA-ADM a the web based administration tool.
- Operating System: All POSIX (Linux/BSD/UNIX-like OSes)
- License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
- Available for: Centos and SuSE LINUX SLES9 SP3
- AVA-SBS is a simple easy to use installer / admin tool for a couple of popular open source projects that are very difficult to set up. Here is a list of what you get when you install AVA-SBS
- 1. SAMBA PDC
- 2. OpenLDAP
- 3. Open-Xchange
- 4. Postfix
- 5. Cyrus IMAP
- 6. Spam Assassin
- 7. ClamAV (for SuSE LINUX SLES9 Bitdefender)
- 8. Webmin
- 9. Bind
- 10. AVA-ADM
here is a brief description of what each one is.
SAMBA PDC – As most of you know when configured as a PDC Samba basically becomes a Primary NT Domain Controller. When authenticated to a directory service such OpenLDAP It becomes something the very much resembles Active Directory. Samba setup with ldap is an advanced project that is difficult to do.
OpenLDAP – OpenLDAP is the standard open source LDAP directory server installed with most distribution's.
Open-Xchange – Open-Xchange formally known as SUSE Openexchange or SLOX is a MS exchange replacement that offers shared calendaring contacts and tasks. Open-Xchange also uses OpenLdAP as its back end directory server. Open-Xchange also come with a very nice web based client. For an extra $20 you can also pick up Oxlook an un open software addon that allows Outlook 2000 and up to connect to Open-Xchange.
- Postfix is an email server
- Cyrus IMAP allow imap services though Posfix
- Spam Assassin is a highly excepted standared when it comes to spam protection.
- ClamAV is email server win32 antivirus protection solution
- Webmin is a web-based system administration tool.
- Bind = A DNS Server
- AVA-ADM – My Administration tool developed in PHP.
AVA-SBS installs an configures everything with only the need of answering around 10 questions ( most of which are already answered for you ).
--Whitecraig 21:03, 1 March 2006 (CST)