A Good Git Commit Message
Good commit messages are very important. Commits should always be separated in meaningful pieces. Please make sure that your commit messages include at least the following information:
- A short summary of the fix/feature including the Samba version and component followed by a blank line.
- A more verbose description.
- A bug number if available (required for backports to a released branch, so please file a bug first)
- The description for the release notes starting with "RN: ". Please make sure that administrators understand the issue.
- Your Signed-off-by tag per the Samba copyright policy
s3:smbd: Add new funky shiny and groovy feature The funky shiny and groovy feature has been added to be able to do whatever you like. A typical usecase is the following. BUG: https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1 RN: Fix problem xyz. Signed-off-by: Author <email@example.com>